Charity Number: 1176194
A hedgehog with bright eyes, a rounded bottom and out at night is generally a healthy hedgehog.
If you find a hedgehog out during the day there is usually a problem with its health.
There are however some exceptions to this:
How do I tell if it is an exception?
If the hedgehog is behaving in a PURPOSEFUL MANNER then it could be a weaning mother, or a juvenile foraging.
HOWEVER….if the hedgehog is:
- behaving in a wobbly way
- lying down
- not moving
- hyperactively moving without purpose
- appearing to walk with a high arch in it’s back
- has fly-strike
- looks injured
- has been caught in netting/litter
- has been found in a swimming pool/pond
- has been caught in a fire
- is bleeding
- has been found in a drain/hole
- is squealing for mum
How Big am I?